13/17 OR CTOBER 2020
Ministry of Culture Umm Al Quwain Cultural Center | United Arab Emirates
19/24 OR CTOBER 2020
Al Fahidi Cultural Center – Akaas Visual Artists Group | United Arab Emirates
ART. 1 ORGANIZER BODY
Emirates Art Connection is an International Exhibition of Contemporary Art organized by ArtetrA Art Associates with the support of Prince Group srl for Italy and in collaboration with Artissima Art Gallery -United Arab Emirates with the following sponsorships:
Ministry of Culture Umm Al Quwain
Italian Consulate in Dubai
Italian Cultural Institute in Dubai
Italian Curators : Veronica Nicoli and Armando Principe
Emirati Curators : Aurela Cuku
ART. 2 PURPOSE
Emirates Art Connection is aimed at promoting and enhancing the international contemporary artistic heritage and identifying of talented artists.
It is a dual exhibition that aims to connect the art and culture of Italian and Emirati artists and takes place in two of the seven Arab emirates.
It is a message of Unification of the two countries without borders, through the power of art .
ART. 3 VENUE – DATE – TIMETABLES – ENTRANCE
Emirates Art Connection will take place at:
1) Ministry of Culture | Umm Al Quwain Cultural Center from 13/17 OCTOBER 2020
The inauguration is scheduled for October 13 at 10:00 am
2) Al Fahidi Cultural Center | Akaas Visual Artists Group | Dubai from 19/24 OCTOBER 2020
The inauguration is scheduled for October 19 at 10:00 am
At the Opening Ceremony, outstanding personalities will be present including:
- VIP guests
- Members of the royal family (sheikh)
- Representatives of the Abu Dhabi Ministry of Culture
- The Director of the Ministry of Culture of the Umm Al Quwainn Cultural Center
ART. 4 THEME
The theme is free
Emirates Art Connection is the exhibition of contemporary art that has identified in the United Arab Emirates, the new frontier of contemporary art and architecture, a popular destination for all Artists who intend to promote their creativity in a thriving market and in a historical moment of great investments in the artistic and cultural field.
An all-round look that will contemplate the most characteristic art areas, from painting to photography and digital art.
The creativity, taste and genius of the “Bel Paese”, Italy, will be represented in the emirates through a careful selection of works that will contain that distinctive and indicative character that has always influenced the tastes, uses and customs of living worldwide, and will dialogue with the art and culture of the Emirati Artists in a unique opportunity for exchange between different cultures but both aimed at emphasizing a modern and innovative image of their country.
ART. 5 SECTIONS
Emirates Art Connection has three sections:
Painting, Photographic Art, Digital Art , without limitation of technique, style, nationality and age.
Each artist participates with two works.
The works presented may also be unpublished.
ART. 6 PARTICIPATION FEE AND SERVICES INCLUDED
Emirates Art Connection is an independent and self-financed event. The Organizing Body, in
carrying out its activity of realization and promotion of the event, incurs costs of the exclusive exhibition venue, secretariat, representation, promotion, reception of guests and jury, advertising, press office, curators and other direct and indirect expenses, functional to an optimal performance of the event, in consideration of which the payment of a membership fee is forseen.
The membership fee entitles you to the following services and products:
1) Exhibition of 2 works at the Umm Al Quwain Cultural Center;
2) Exhibition of 1 work at Al Fahidi Cultural Center | Akaas Visual Artists Group | Dubai;
3) Publication of the work admitted in the official catalog of the event;
4) Publication of the artist’s name in IconArt Magazine web and cartecea, written in two languages ITA and ENG, with article dedicated to the event ;
5) Certificate of participation of the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Culture signed by the Director of the Cultural Center;
6) Insertion of the artist’s name in the advertising pages dedicated to the event and on
magazines, posters, invitations and on all the social networks we manage;
7) Insertion of the Artist’s name on the official Emirates Art Connection website;
8) A free copy of the official Catalog;
9) Production of photos and general video reportage of the event by the National Media *;
10) Press release in Italian, English and Arabic;
11) General surveillance and cleaning service of the pavilions;
12) Reception staff;
13) Storage, unpacking, installation, disassembly, packing of the artworks;
14) Liability insurance.
15) Transport of works from Salerno to Dubai and return to the Salerno office;
* In the official National Media video footage they are the same ones that will decide the angles of the footage and the minutes of the video.
ART. 7 METHOD OF PARTICIPATION
The dimensions of the works must be contained in 80×80 cm
Participation is allowed with two works that will be exhibited in Umm Al Quwain and one of the two works will then be exhibited in Dubai.
The number of selected artists is 50.
The deadline for joining it is July 30, 2020 (unless exhausted spaces).
ATTENTION: it is not allowed to participate with photos or nude paintings.
ART. 8 OFFICIAL CATALOG
The official Emirates Art Connection catalog will be published by Prince Editor. Each participating artist has the right to have a dedicated page where the image of one of his works will be reproduced with the
related caption, name, country of origin and a short biography or descriptive note of the work provided by the artist in word format (max. 150 words).
To this end, it is requested to send by email (to your contact person) the image of the work to be published in the High resolution catalog (300 dpi) accompanied by a caption indicating: Title of work, category, technique, year, height, width, weight (sculpture and installation), video duration.
Each participating artist has the right to receive a free copy of the catalog that will be sent
at the address indicated by the Artist, together with the works, with shipping costs charged to him by the office of Salerno of the gallery.
ART. 9 HOW TO APPLY FOR SELECTIONS
The selections are free.
To apply, you must fill out the form on the site or send an email to [email protected] including:
1) N.3 high resolution images of their works complete with caption: Title, Year, Technique,
Dimensions, Sale Price
2) Short biographical text exclusively in word format
3) Professional personal photo
Only if the selections are passed by the international selection committee will it be sent
a communication by email to the artist containing the motivation for admission, also reported
on the digital certificate, and all information relating to the methods of participation and the membership fee.
Passing the selections does not bind the Artist to participate in the event itself.